Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Visiting Blogger friends.

I had such an enjoyable day yesterday. Anne S. had invited Sharon and I to lunch at her place, and view her stash. Anne's Mum (June)is staying with her at the moment, and as we had all met before (at Sharon's home) conversation was not slow to start! Anne has a huge stash as you would know from reading her blogs, and her finished projects are...well, priceless. I just can't find the right adjective; they are beautiful, awesome, perfect, etc. etc. I say priceless because you really cannot put a monetary value on hand stitched work, especially when it is so well stitched. Anne has got June into cross stitching, and she showed us what she has been doing as well - gorgeous Christmas designs. We had a delicious lunch of chicken and salad, accompanied by a nice wine that I'd brought along, followed by fresh fruit salad and cream. YUM!

Anne had been culling her stash of designs and patterns, and had a box full of unwanted items, which she invited Sharon and I to help ourselves to. I also came home with one of Anne's early projects - a tiger head on black aida - which she said she'd never framed because she didn't like it. It is now framed and residing on the wall of my linen room along with other framed embroidered pictures not done by me (mine are on the opposite wall). Thanks again Anne! I have something for you when you visit Patra's Place (my home I mean - not the blog - lol!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!