Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Who eats with their family at the dining room table?

I'm still here...been visiting my favourite blogs since I posted my previous remarks. Miss Eagle at Food From Oz has posted yet another thought provoking discussion on her blog, and would like to hear from other bloggers with their opinions on the subject (as well as memories of your childhood dining with family). It's funny how some things are clearer in our memory than others, especially the 'bad' things, rather than the 'good'. I have vivid memories of a couple of dramatic family arguments around our dining room table when I was a kid, but they were the exception to our usually harmonious dinners.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina.
When my family was growing up we always sat at the dinning table to eat and one wouldn't dare touch there food till all was seated, and had to ask to leave the table when all had finished eating. now my family are all married and doing the same with there families. and when they visit its like they never left home.

Gina i have read a lot of Di Morressy books including Barra creek. the reef/ try and get Heart of Dreaming and the sequel to it is follow The Morning Star i got hold of the both before i read them im sure u will enjoy them, Im now reading The last Mile Home All Di Morressey.Tamara Mckinley is another good auther set in Australia I will list them for you later on Take care happy reading.

Wednesday, 21 March, 2007  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

LOL The stories I could tell. I grew up in an Irish household. I'll pop over and read her blog a little later.
:)

Wednesday, 21 March, 2007  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

we still eat at our table and it is set each meal time... only rarely do I 'allow' anyone to eat in front of the tv...
I can remember chatting with my family as a small child - you know, if more people still did this, I am sure there would be less family problems.

Wednesday, 21 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!