Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Been busy elsewhere.

Life is fun these days.  Ken has got used to retirement, not having to rush off to work any more, and not stressing over medical appointments that used to be squeezed in on his holidays or days off work.  He is doing a COPD rehab program twice a week down the road from where we live, which is much more convenient than going to the Austin Hospital and trying to find somewhere to park.
He's buying a new car next month, and we've had three quotes on having our kitchen renovated.
The aviary birds all seem to be happy as they are multiplying at a great rate.   The chooks would be too, if we didn't take their eggs away every day!

I did a workshop with Val at the Calligraphy Society headquarters last week, you can see what we did here if you want to have a look.  I haven't done much sewing lately, but finally got the sewing machine out of its case and up on the desk, and have been quilting some baby quilts that were given to me unfinished, to pass on to Ken's cousin to take to PNG on her next trip.  She emailed some photos of the native Mums and their babies with the first lot of quilts, and I've posted them on my PNG Quilt Collective blog if you haven't already seen them.

My friend C who was diagnosed with cancer last year is looking good.  The chemo and radiation has shrunk the tumour, so she will be having another operation to have it removed soon.   She has just  had one op. to remove the cancer from her liver, and she tells me the doctors were pleased with the outcome of that.

In the meantime another friend has told me she has stage 4 cancer spreading through her body...that makes it four friends with the Big Bad C in the last two years.   Ken and I count our blessings...

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Well, I'm very glad that your life is fun. You deserve it. Excellent.

Wednesday, 19 February, 2014  
Blogger Liz in Kansas said...

That's the kind of busy we all like to have. Good to hear Ken is adapting to a life of leisure. The transition can be stressful, but this really is the best part of life!

Wednesday, 19 February, 2014  
Blogger Damaria Senne said...

Sounds like you and Ken are having fun!

Saturday, 15 March, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!