Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Silly Season is in full swing again!

Some years nothing happens at all around here, it was just the two of us having quiet times at home.  This year is chaotic...by our standards, anyway.  It started out with the two birthday parties on the last weekend in November, that I posted about on this blog earlier.  Last week I was at the Embroiderers Guild on Tuesday for my last volunteer stint for the year, Thursday I was at Montsalvat for lunch, and Friday I visited a friend for some paper craft fun.  The weekend was pretty quiet mostly because the weather was crap, and we had a choice of going out, but decided to stay home instead.

Yesterday (Monday) I sewed furiously all day to try and finish some Xmas pressies that have been promised to friends. Today I had a friend over for afternoon tea and we exchanged gifts which was nice.  Tomorrow will be spent shopping, putting Xmas decorations up (not many, but enough to keep me occupied for a good hour or so), and finishing off the quilted runner gifts. After tea we will be going to the Avic.society Xmas break up party.   Thursday we are having two of Ken's cousins here for lunch.  Friday I'm having my hair cut in the morning, and we are having a cocktail party at 6.30 so I have a bit to do to prepare for that.  The occasion is to christen the new chook house.  At this stage there will be 8 people, but depending on who is available, there might be more.  Originally it was just cocktails and nibbles, but I now think it would be prudent to invite guests to stay on for some dinner as after a few drinks, they might not want to be driving home immediately!  I was planning on pizza takeaway, but am now thinking of cooking up a heap of chicken pieces in advance (do you think that will offend the chooks?), and having them with salad, bread, and fresh fruit platters.

There is nothing in the diary for the weekend, but the Eltham Farmers Market is open on Sunday morning, so I might head there to stock up on fresh fruit and vegies.  The following  Tuesday night we will be out to dinner with the Vintage Japanese motorcycle club, and Thursday is Ken's 72 birthday, and we are going out to dinner with his sister, her hubby, and some close friends.  A week later it will be Xmas, a week after that New Year, and a week after that our 36th wedding anniversary!  And all over for another year...phew!

1 Comments:

Blogger FredaB said...

Merry Christmas to you and Ken.

Sounds like you are both fine and having a good time.

See you in the New Year.

Hugs
FredaB

Thursday, 25 December, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!