Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005


These are Crimson Rosellas. Mostly red feathers, with a bit of blue and black as well.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh, so beautiful! Thank you for posting these photos Gina. I know how long it takes to scan stuff. What beautiful creatures! Ken can have the snake though. I did touch a python once and that was fine but I wouldn't have wanted him hanging around my neck!

Thursday, 04 August, 2005  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Aren't these gorgeous!

Thursday, 04 August, 2005  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Glad you guys are enjoying these photos. Ken had some magnificent birds in his aviaries when he was breeding birds. He started out with budgies - had nearly 100 of them at one stage! But he got bored with them, and progressed to native finches, which are also very pretty. But after a year or so of visiting other breeders' aviaries and seeing their colourful parrots, he decided to go down that track. He was doing well, until our dog jumped up on the roof of the aviary one night and scared half the birds to death - really, not joking. Ken was devastated at the loss of his beloved birds, so he sold the remaining birds and hasn't had any since.

Thursday, 04 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!