Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Harry Potter movies..

I have just viewed the first Harry Potter movie, courtesy of Channel 9 here in Melbourne. I saw it advertised during the week, but forgot about it, as I do with t.v. shows, not being a regular viewer. But Ken was channel surfing about 8 pm and called out "Weren't you going to watch this kids' film?" to which I responded by jumping up and rushing into the lounge room immediately! I had missed the first half hour, but soon picked up the thread, as it isn't so long ago that I read that first book. I thought the movie makers did a good job, cramming in as much as they could, but I'm glad I read the book first, as I doubt if I would have understood most of it otherwise. Ken watched the first few minutes with me, but gave up trying to follow it! The second HP movie is going to be on next Saturday....WAAAAGGHH!! I just remembered we are going to a birthday party - darn it! Oh well, some of my friends have the videos, so I guess I could borrow them some time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

oh I loved the movies just as much as I loved reading the books. sounds to me like a great Chrissy present -

Sunday, 20 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!