Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Some recent snapshots.

It never ceases to amaze me how well you can get to know people all over our planet via the Internet. Like most of you I have my regular blogs to visit, and as I see photos of people and their homes, pets, hobbies, etc. I get to know them better all the time. I took a bunch of photos in recent months and have already put one or two on Patra's Place, but the ones I am about to post are not connected with my stitching or linen. They all have their own descriptions (cross fingers that Picassa is working tonight..), but to sum up, they are: parts of our garden, more of my china, hubby, my Chocolate House, and Topsy.

Oh, and just for Patty (Medieval Lady), some pics of my 2006 Calligraphy Calendar. You may be able to see the price tag on one of the pictures ($22.95), but as I discovered this item after Christmas, all the shops mark their calendars down, and I only paid $11.50 for it! It is not serious calligraphy - more a fun thing with half a dozen basic alphabets, but each week has a new font, and each day has a different word or phrase, with space where you can practice. I don't get to practice much, between reading and stitching, but I thought this was a novel idea, and plan to do my bit as regularly as possible. One of my home care clients has a 16 line verse written out roughly, that she wants done in calligraphy, so she can frame it for her bedroom. So I will need to practice to do a reasonable job. I am debating whether or not to do a one day workshop next month with the Calligraphy society, to freshen up my techniques. Only $40, and it would be useful, but in spite of being a member of the society for many years, I have never been to any of the meetings or workshops, and I am a bit shy about going for the first time. The members do some stunning work, and win prizes in shows all over the place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Finding My Way said...

Hey Gina,
I popped over to catch up. WOW you've been busy. :-) I gave those calligraphy calendars to a few friends last year. I hope you have lots of fun with it. The chocolate house is awesome. I'm hoping to have a garden this summer but we'll see how the weather and my time hold out. I so do enjoy your both of your blogs. You are a very tallented lady. :-) Thanks again for sharing. Back to checking out your photos. ;-)
Hugs,
-Patty

Thursday, 05 January, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Patty,
Thank you for your compliments; I am pleased you like reading my blogs. I enjoy yours too, and I am glad you are posting so much more on it these days. Purrrrs to Trinity and Morpheus from Topsy!

Saturday, 07 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!