Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

I have been stock-taking.

Well, taking stock anyway. Of my linen collection and stitching stash. It started last week when I had a day at home, and decided to cull my stash cupboard. I pulled everything out on to the floor, and ruthlessly tossed aside anything that I decided I didn't really want to work on, or knew that I never would anyway. I now have a neater cupboard, and a cardboard box full of UFOs, SINs and assorted bits and pieces. The following list is what remains in my stash - made up of new unstarted kits, half finished (or barely started) UFOs and very old items that have been given to me to work on one day.
21 Tablecloths
24 Aprons
16 Samplers (or pictures which need to be framed)
7 Cushion covers
4 sets of Placemats
16 Duchess sets
20 Traycloth/Centrepieces
2 Tapestries
Shoe box full of mini Cross stitch kits
A bag of miscellanous items that don't fall into the above categories.
I feel slightly better for having done this, but still think that 90% of them will end up as my SINS....sigh...

Tonight, I was getting out some cloths and aprons from my linen collection, to take to a nursing home tomorrow, for their anti-Cancer Fundraising morning tea. My cloths will be adorning the tables in the dining room, and the staff will be wearing my aprons.

While I was fossicking around in the wardrobe, I decided to count what I have in there. Here 'tis:
158 Tablecloths
63 Aprons
18 Cushion covers
14 Pillow Shams
8 Pairs of Pillow Slips/Cases.
Don't even think about asking me to count doilies etc. That would take a month of the proverbial Sundays!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

and you are still buying more? Your morning tea sounds gorgeous - how did it go? pictures?

Thursday, 25 May, 2006  
Blogger Pam said...

Wow indeed, what a lot of lovely things!It's such harmless fun, isn't it, having a collection of whatever gives one pleasure? With me it's plants and jugs and ... well, various things. Fun!

Friday, 26 May, 2006  
Blogger Cookie said...

Wow I would love to see some pics of your collection. Sounds gorgeous Gina. Thanks for the Victoriana site...its just wonderful...so much to look at there.

Saturday, 27 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!