Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Hello Kitty!

Nicole said in a comment to my previous post that she had bought some Hello Kitty items on eBay. I wonder if she is aware how long that stuff has been around? My friend Aiko in Japan sent me some small Hello Kitty items many years ago, knowing my love for cats. At the time I thought how cute! Then one day, Ken came home with a pencil eraser he saw in a shop, with the Kitty logo on it; like Aiko, he knew it would appeal to me. I still have the eraser, and the stuffed toy that Aiko sent - I am keeping them for sentimental value only, but I admit to being curious about their value to a collector.

Change of subject...I am taking a two week break from work. Apart from 'long weekends' such as Easter and Australia Day, when we flew interstate last year, I have not had any holidays since I 'retired' from full time office work. When I first started this work about 6 years ago, I figured I would not need to have holidays, as it was only part time - three days a week. How wrong could I be! My blood pressure has sky rocketed again, a sure sign that I am doing too much, and I am constantly tired, and aching much of the time. My doctor warned me last year that I needed to take some time off, but I decided I was okay, and my clients needed me anyway. Well, nobody is indispensable! Least of all me, according to the clients I have so far informed that I won't be available for two weeks. They have all said I must take the time off now, because they don't want to lose me permanently - lol!

The first question that people have been asking is "Where are you going?" Nowhere!! Going away would be more stress for me, as Ken can't get time off his job right now, so if I went somewhere to stay without him, I would be worrying about him and the animals and everything else. No, staying home where I am warm and comfortable, with lots to read and stitch, is my idea of a rest. Mind you, the diary is almost full already...sigh...Into the city one day for lunch with a friend, stitching days with two other friends (separate days), lunch with Sharon hopefully, and a side trip to Forest Hill Chase to have a good look around at THAT op shop (Sharon will know!), and maybe a day with Miss Eagle in one of Melbourne's best shopping strips. Still have to contact her though, so I could be jumping the gun here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Finding My Way said...

Morning Gina,
I hope you get your much needed rest. Couldn't bear the thought of losing a special friend, like you. :)
Hello Kitty is popular by me. We even have a store in the mall called 'Hello Kitty'. I only go in and look. Most the stuff is expensive. If I get over there I'll try and get a picture or the store. Everyone's been so touchy about pictures.
Hope you a wonderful day.
_Patty

Monday, 05 June, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

Hi Gina, just wondering if you have tried epsom salts in the bath for those aches. works for me - don't know how but it does. hope you are doing absolutely nothing on your time off.

Wednesday, 07 June, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi girls, as always, it is beaut to hear from you all! Don't be too concerned about me - I am pretty fit and tough, just annoyed that the blood pressure gets the better of me occasionally. Ms Robyn, I tip half a cup of Epsom salts into my bath whenever I have time for such a luxury (most nights it is a shower). I also add a few drops of essential oils, depending on how I'm feeling. Juniper, Fennel and Carrot are all excellent for arthritis, helping to get rid of the toxins from the body. I made an awful blue one night, and poured some Rosemary oil into the bath for my aches, completely forgetting that it is a NO NO for anybody with high blood pressure! Next day, the BP had gone up alarmingly!!

Monday, 12 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!