Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sad September..

They are showing it on t.v. again - 9/11. Why, oh why do the media have to keep reminding us of this awful event, year after year? Do they think that anyone who lived through those days will ever forget? Five years ago on the 2nd September, my husband quit smoking after 45 years. On 7th September he was taken to hospital with heart failure. Four days later, the USA was attacked. In the same week, we lost an Australian icon - Ansett Airlines collapsed.

This year in September, we have lost another Aussie icon - Steve Irwin. I looked up the month of September in Wikipedia and learnt that World War 2 started and ended in the month of September. Would you think me strange if I never turned on a t.v. set in September, for the rest of my life? I feel like ripping the whole month of September out of every diary and calendar at the beginning of every year from now on, flying off to some deserted island and hibernating for the whole month.

Enjoy the rest of this month. I won't.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought of it like that before... perhaps September is cursed???? I have had a terrible beginning to this September with Father's Day reminding me of my fear Dad not being around anymore... my parents wedding anniversary and then the usual stuff you have outlined.... bugger!
Bring on October please. Much love, Nicole xox.

Thursday, 07 September, 2006  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

hmmmmm I can see your point and I've had a very bad start to September, too. I've had one death, many family illiness and several other things going wrong.
The media shows it over and over again because many are still watching it. Bottom line for media is $$$. :(
But Gina, in spite of the things that happened, I'm trying to take a different spin on it. So here goes my spin. I'm trying my best to focus on the good things that happen not matter how small.
September thoughts...I'll post on my blog, Don't want to take up your space.
Hugs,
-Patty

Friday, 08 September, 2006  
Blogger Debbie Kathy Lela and Marilyn said...

Gina I am like you about 9-11 I am so tires of hearing about it. I know we lost a lot of lives that day and it was a terrible thing to happen in the U S but so was Pearl Harbor and the kids that are dying every day in Iraq. The good thing for me about Sept is my first Grandson was born on the 9th. He will be 15 Sat. i can hardly believe it. All my Grandkids were saddened by the death of Steve Irwin. This was one of their favorite shows and such a tragady. my outlook on life is " It could always be worse".

Friday, 08 September, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

and now Peter Brock. they say things come in 3's - I can't help wondering what next aussie icon will perish? just hope it is an old wives tale.

Saturday, 09 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!