Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Driving my new car.

Ken is like a kid with a new toy! (But aren't they all like that - men, I mean, with cars...). We collected my car on Saturday and I 'allowed' him to drive it home. On the way we stopped and bought number plate protectors, seat covers, and other paraphernalia that Ken insisted was necessary. He wanted to get mag wheels, whatever they are, but I put my foot down at that - don't like attracting attention to my cars with expensive doo-dads.

On Sunday, we went over to visit his Mum and I was allowed to drive - lol! Ken sat in the passenger seat, rolling his eyes and scowling whenever I did something 'wrong' and in the end I said "Look, I had a ten minute test drive last week - this is only the second time I've driven it. Gimme a break!!" I told him he could drive home from his mum's if he was going to pick on me, but he said no, he wanted me to drive. But he was a bit quieter on the way home - just gritted his teeth now and then!!!

Today (Monday) I had a couple of short trips back and forth to the local shops and to a friend's house to show her the car, and I managed to keep from putting any marks or dents on it...cross your fingers that I can continue that way for at least a month!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I know what mag wheels are! Sounds a lot like Keith when I got my Big Bird. In fact he drove it home from the dealer. lol I hope you had a good visit.
Have fun getting used to your new car.
Have a great week.

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

How lovely to have a new car... I am very protective of my little baby, I don't let anyone else drive her (she is a left-hand drive Smart, so she's particularly special!) hehe.

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Congrats on getting a new car..how exciting!

Saturday, 04 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!