Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One of a kind Wedding!

Last Saturday night, Ken and I attended the wedding of one of my nephews, to a lovely Malaysian lady. Peter had brought her to our place for Christmas two years ago, and had told me at the time he was serious about her. So we were delighted to receive the invitation a couple of months ago. As you can see below, the invitation and the table decorations at the wedding were very Oriental and charming. The wedding was held on a boat which sailed from Melbourne's Docklands across the Bay to Williamstown, and back and forth for about 5 hours. The marriage ceremony (by a civil celebrant) was held first, then there were drinks, nibbles, followed by the main meal and the speeches. There were about 80 guests, including the bride's family and friends who had flown over from Malaysia for the occasion. It was a great night; everyone mixed well despite some language barriers, and the overseas visitors all said how much they liked Australia (Melbourne in particular). Doesn't it warm your heart to hear visitors say that about your home town?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. :)

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!