Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Op shop delights and chickens

A friend had a heap of books to get rid of, so I suggested we throw them in the back of my car and head over to Savers. So we did that, and while we were there, we shopped of course! Go here to see what I bought - and guess what? There's no linen!
The same friend has been photographing our chickens, and took the opportunity to take some more pics when we got back home from Savers. If I look awkward, it is because I was trying to hold the chick in a way which would prevent it hopping off my hands on to the floor! Those little critters move fast!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo cute Gina. When I was teaching at a preschool centre I set up an incubater with eggs so the children could watch them hatch. They were just amazed at seeing the chics crawling their way out of those eggs.
It sure was awesome to watch their reactions.

xox Nic

Friday, 24 October, 2008  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I love your dear little chickens - they are so cute. Glad you got some nice buys at the Op shop.

I have passed on an award for you at my blog which I hope you will enjoy. Take care, Love, Merle.

Sunday, 26 October, 2008  
Blogger woof nanny said...

oh my goodness! I am so behind on blog reading. But I HAD to see the babies! Adorable.

Friday, 14 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!