Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Crafty stuff with paper napkins and old CDs.

My clever friend Val is always finding something new and interesting to make. She covered a CD with a napkin, wrote a message on the back, put it into an origami envelope and posted it to me. I just had to learn how it was all done! Take an old CD or DVD.
Find a pretty paper napkin.  (I buy packets of them at $2 shops, and have a box full to choose from)
This is the one Val made for me.  Separate the napkin layers and use only the top printed layer.  Glue it on to one side of the CD.  Val crushed hers for this effect, and then rubbed gold paint lightly over it.
Glue plain paper or tissue paper to the other side of the CD and write your message.
Make up an envelope using four paper circles...I'm not going to give lessons here!!

Here are my first three.  They all have destinations!


5 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

They are very cute, Gina ... Val is one clever cookie.
Sorry I haven't been in touch, I know you have been through a very tough time.
Hoping we can catch up sometime soon.
Love and hugs,
Connie xxx

Sunday, 03 February, 2013  
Blogger Linens and Royals said...

Pleased to see you back and with such a clever craft idea. Sylvia

Sunday, 03 February, 2013  
Blogger Jane said...

Oh, these look fun

Sunday, 03 February, 2013  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Not that I need a new project but these look awesome. :)

Monday, 04 February, 2013  
Blogger FredaB said...

Hi gina

these do look like fun. I have some nice napkins down here and now to find an old cd.

Hugs

freda

Monday, 04 February, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!