Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Day.

We had a perfectly lovely day.  Just Ken and I with one of his cousins, who was on her own this year due to her siblings being elsewhere, so we invited her to join us.  I bought a turkey breast with bacon and sage stuffing at Coles and cooked that with the usual roast vegies.  We followed that with a pot of tea and some Christmas cake.   Here is Ken with cousin Ro, both of them pleasantly full of good food and apple cider!

I was given some lovely gifts again this year.  Ken gave me a GPS and a sapphire and diamond eternity ring.  I suggested that he wait until our 36th anniversary on January 6th but he wanted to give it to me as soon as he bought it, so there we were in the Greensborough Centre having a coffee, while he put the ring on my finger!  I felt like a teenager all over again, lol!




Other gifts that I received were a chook calendar, chook garden ornament, Xmas apron, Peacock cushion, a plant, and various items of food.  

4 Comments:

Blogger THL Akiko Catherine O'Brien said...

Merry Christmas. I sent you something in the mail. :)

Monday, 29 December, 2014  
Blogger Gina E. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, 30 December, 2014  
Blogger THL Akiko Catherine O'Brien said...

Sorry, It's me Patty

Thursday, 01 January, 2015  
Blogger Pam said...

What a lovely Christmas present! Happy New Year to you and Ken.

Thursday, 01 January, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!