Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Sometimes I HATE computers..

I don't know if it is the fault of my computer, or the Picasa/Hello program, but all of a sudden, I can't post any photos to my blogs. I have finally scanned the photos I took of our house and street, and a whole lot of other interesting bits and pieces, but when I logged into Picasa, I could only get so far, then it just ground to a halt. GRRRRR!!! I spent a futile half hour mucking around with it, deleting and reloading, but nothing worked. I have heard from other bloggers that they have experienced problems with Picasa, so they switched to another photo site. I may have to do that yet, but I dislike changing something once I am comfortable with it. It is the same reason I refuse to upgrade from the ME operating system to XP, despite the computer nerds who tell me that ME is unstable and is the cause of my screen freezing every half hour or so. I LIKE my operating system, I am used to it, and when Ken asks me to show him how to do something on his laptop, I am reluctant because I am unfamiliar with XP. Ah well, my photos are all sitting in My Documents, waiting patiently to be downloaded here, so hopefully tomorrow, everything will be back to normal and I'll have another go at it. In the meantime, I will go and list some stuff on eBay...unless their photo thingo has a hissy fit too - AAAAGHHHH!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

Gina, did you know that you can upload pics through blogger directly from your computer? when you are posting at the top of the box there is a kind of photo, click on that and it brings a box up - then you upload from there.
I was one who refused to upgrade to XP until my computer was hit by lightning and we had to buy a new one - with XP ! havent looked back, it is so easy to use, really it is.

Saturday, 27 August, 2005  
Blogger Sharon said...

I was going to suggest what ms*robyn said...

Saturday, 27 August, 2005  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh! Thanks girls! I hope to remember that next time I have a problem. Well, XP will just have to wait until I am hit by lightning too, Robyn - lol! Now, after all that kerfuffle with Picasa, I came back tonight to find them online again, so I blithely set about posting my photos...to Patra's Place instead of here. Ho hum. Well, I think most of my readers go there first anyway.

Saturday, 27 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!