Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Wiping egg off my face....

Well, I have joined the ranks of the most well-read people. Sharlee from A Blank Page lent me the first Harry Potter book last night, while we were at her place for dinner. We got home around 1 am, and I went to bed, taking the book with me, much to Ken's disgust. He is NOT a reader, and hates it when I have the light on to read, when he is trying to sleep! I was so tired last night, however, that I had only read half a dozen pages before my eyes closed of their own volition, so he got his way and the light was off fairly soon.

I woke about 10 am this morning, and put the kettle on for a cuppa. Picked up Harry and started to read...by 1 pm Ken was up and dressed and asking about brunch. FOOD! Who cares about food while Harry was fighting a monster in a dungeon?? Can't remember the names of all the creatures yet, but I have no doubt that in time, I will be like the rest of you and be naming our pets after various personalities in the Potter series! Sharlee, have the next book out for me next time I visit!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Never mind G - Harry is quite painless - although addictive he is calorie free... Sure thing Harry Potter 2 is waiting for you...

Sunday, 14 August, 2005  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

oh I am so glad that you are reading the books * they are the BEST... I love them and devoured them just like you are. I still love all my old favourites but Harry is right up there with them

Sunday, 14 August, 2005  
Blogger Gina E. said...

LOL Sharlee and Robyn! Yep, I am bound to become addicted, but my fondest childhood memories include Enid Blyton's Wishing Chair, Enchanted Wood, Magic Faraway Tree, etc. Actually, Harry P. reminds me more of The Naughtiest Girl In The School; although there was no magic in that series, I reckon Elizabeth would have got on well with Harry!

Sunday, 14 August, 2005  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

oh ! one of my all time favourites is the Magic Faraway Tree ! love it !!!!

Monday, 15 August, 2005  
Blogger Pamela Kellogg said...

Gina, you're post made me laugh! I haven't read the books, would rather be stitching so I wait for the movies. It's the best of both worlds! I love the HP stories. The first one is still my favorite so far!

Wednesday, 17 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!