Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

There are some real mongrels out there...

And one in particular is going to find herself the subject of an attack in our local paper. Today while I was hanging washing on the line for one of my home care clients, I noticed something unusual happening at the other end of the back yard. Something white on a long pole, being waved back and forth. I took a closer look and realised it was one of those scoops used to fish leaves out of swimming pools. There was the next door neighbour, scooping rubbish out of her swimming pool, and then dumping same over the fence into my client's yard. She hadn't seen me watching her, so from the cover of a large tree, I called out "How neighbourly of you to share your rubbish with a disabled person. You do realise that it will be thrown back into your own yard in due course?" The pool scoop was rapidly withdrawn accompanied by a mumbled remark that I didn't quite catch, but I am quite sure it was rude. Not that I care. I HATE people who take advantage of others who are so vulnerable due to their age or disability. And I WILL be writing to our local paper. Said neighbour's husband ran for council a year or so ago, on the platform that he wanted to see more done for disabled people in the community. HA. It would pay to look in your own backyard first, chum. Wouldn't it be a hoot if they were reading my blog?

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

oh do let us know what happens. The world has some dreadful people but I am sure there is more good than bad. Good on you !!!

Tuesday, 24 January, 2006  
Blogger Maureen said...

Good on you,Gina!
I'm glad to see that someone has enough gumption to speak out.
I'd be inclined to write one of those "Brick-bat" letters to your local paper too,but then I can be mean when the need arises.

Tuesday, 24 January, 2006  
Blogger Kali said...

Horrible, down right ugly people. It just saddens me to hear about such uncaring behaviour. I hope they get what they deserve.

Tuesday, 24 January, 2006  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hate the act, not the people, Gina, and by doing a kindness or being pleasant to someone such as this will 'heap hot coals on their head.' Maybe there is a need for compost type debris pickup in that area that isn't handled by regular garbage pickup? I realize that some folks can be down right nasty, but being nasty back doesn't usually solve much . . .

Wednesday, 25 January, 2006  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

What a nerve to dump the rubbish over the fence. Sad to think of even. I'll bet they won't do that again!

Friday, 27 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!