Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!!

I am not a sports loving person at all, except for a mild interest in some motor sports, so the Commonwealth Games being held in Melbourne didn't excite me at the beginning of all the hype, and Ken feels the same about it. But I must admit we are now sharing the buzz with the Aussie gold rush lately! We've been watching a few hours of the Games the last couple of nights, and tonight's events were sensational to see. The mens' 5000 metre race had us both on the edge of our seat, yelling with the crowd, urging on the Australian runner (Craig something), only to have the Kenyan 19 year old pass him in the last few minutes - phew! I love it when they play our national anthem, and the crowd sing along with it. And I love seeing our Prime Minister John Howard and his wife sitting in there applauding along with everyone else!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've been watching too - and I have to admit that last night I got a bit sick of hearing the National Anthem, it got played so much!

But the Aussies are doing sooo well, especially the women's swimming team...

Tuesday, 21 March, 2006  
Blogger Shell said...

Oh yeah, I've been getting into it too, and I was totally not interested before it started. Nothing stirs national pride as much as a little bit of healthy sports competition between nations!

I love your backyard photos too - what a difference the terracing has made! I have been thinking about terracing our yard as it slopes upwards, but Ben isn't too keen on it (he thinks of the cost, whereas I dream of great design!). Yours looks really great though - I'm very impressed!

Tuesday, 21 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!