Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Why am I doing this?

I shouldn't be here. I have other things to do - planting things in our back yard, stitching, returning friends' phone calls...at least the housework is done. Yesterday (Sunday) I vacuumed, dusted, and mopped the floors, while Ken did some work out in the yard. He put spotlights up so we can see the back yard at night now. He pruned some trees that were overhanging the yard, and he fixed some small items which needed attention. Then some friends came for tea, and we watched the closing ceremony for the Commonwealth Games. So Sunday was both productive and pleasant.

But why am I restless and discontented now? I had one half hour job early this morning (to shower a disabled client), and my only other job for today is at 2 pm. So I was home by 10 am with four free hours in front of me. I put the kettle on for a cuppa to eat with the donuts I had just bought, and sat down to open the mail. One phone bill, and two parcels. One is an eBay win, and the other is from Nicole, who had found some cross stitch charts in an opshop (going by the price tag of 20c!) and sent them to me - how kind people are! Thanks again Nicole - I will be emailing you shortly.

Having done that, I thought about what to do next. No more Games on tv to watch, and I don't normally watch daytime tv anyway, so I thought about making those obligatory phone calls. Do you ever have that feeling - you know you should be doing something - not even a difficult thing - but you just can't be bothered? So I decided to jump online and check out all my web stuff. There was an email from a group that I had joined last year, but not posted anything to since, and there were messages from other groups that I hadn't got around to keeping up with. I read my favourite blogs last night, so I am up to date with those online friends. Last night I also paid for my current ebay wins, and this morning, with one hour to go on an American auction which I will probably win, I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and sign up with PayPal, so I don't have to spend extra money on money orders and postage to pay for my overseas purchases. Goodness only knows where that will lead to. Now it makes it so much easier to pay, I hope I can control my overseas bidding...but there is so much good stuff out there..sigh..
Well, it is now just past 12 noon. I feel a bit better for having got all that off my chest, so I guess I'll make myself a bit of lunch and make those phone calls after all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about suddenly not being inspired to do anything. I hate feeling I've wasted some perfectly good free time, too!

Wednesday, 29 March, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Paypal! It does make it easier to pay, and quicker too :)

I am a procrastinator, so I know exactly how you feel :) Sometimes you have to just get in and do it!

Thursday, 30 March, 2006  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Did you get my email about the technique to reverse the order of your posts?

Friday, 31 March, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi girls, thank you for your comments! Barb, I did, and you have email...I hope???

Saturday, 01 April, 2006  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Hi Gina,
LOL I know it's been a while but I can so relate to how you feel. :-) Getting caught up and I'll try to send an email later in the week. I'm finally getting back on my feet. :-)
HUGS,
-Patty

Monday, 03 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!