Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Nothing to write home about.

Nothing to write about - full stop! Life goes on regardless and rewardless, work as usual (no dramas lately!), and nothing exciting happening on the home front. We haven't done any planting in the back yard yet, but I am hoping Ken will be agreeable to go shopping for plants today (Sunday), otherwise we are going to run out of time to plant anything. We have had some good rainfall lately which has made the soil nice and soft, so I want to get as many plants in the ground as possible before winter sets in and it is too cold to plant seedlings. One of my experienced gardening friends says he plants all year round, but I would rather go with the advice of the books and tv shows who advise that autumn is the best time, as it allows the plants to set their roots and get plenty of water in the coming months.

Next weekend is the Easter long weekend, and it will be a busy one for us, so I want to get plants in tomorrow if possible. Easter Saturday is my 68th birthday, and we are going up to Bendigo for the day to attend the Federation Tattoo in the afternoon, followed by dinner in town. I refused to come home after the Tattoo and cook tea on my birthday! For overseas readers, Bendigo is one of Victoria's largest country towns; about two hours drive from where we live.

We usually spend Easter Sunday with Ken's family, at least with his Mum (if the others are at their holiday house), and this year it looks like we may be going down to Frankston (south-east suburb of Melbourne, about 80 mins drive from our place). Ken's niece lives there with her partner and their two children, and she has hinted that she'd like to have us all there this year. So poor Ken has two days of long drives ahead of him, which means we may just stay home and relax on Good Friday and Easter Monday! Anyone who would like to visit on those days will be most welcome!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

68th birthday??????

Sunday, 09 April, 2006  
Blogger Crookedpaw said...

I know there are days when we feel really old, but, honestly, ten years?

Sunday, 09 April, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

no, you aren't 68!! whatever your age, have a wonderful birthday. I love Bendigo. When my dad was an interstate truckie, we would sometimes go through Bendigo on the way to Melbourne

Sunday, 09 April, 2006  
Blogger Peggy said...

You sure a young 68 with all the things you are doing! At 53 I find myself so tired I never get everything done.

Monday, 10 April, 2006  
Blogger Shell said...

Oh, holidays always seem to become the busiest times don't they? Over christmas we drove something like 1200 k's in 3 days to please family - it was just insane! I say relax and spend it how you want.

I hope you got some gardening done. I plant all year round, but I have no gardening expertise at all - some plants live, some die - that's all I know!

Monday, 10 April, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi everyone, no of course I'm not nearly 70...one day, but not next week! See what happens when I post on my blog at 1.30 am? Unfortunately 'spellcheck' doesn't pick up incorrect dates! So, I'm 58 next week, not 68. Yet..
Peggy, I get tired too, believe me! But hey, isn't that part of being a woman? BTW, had any little surprises in your mail box yet?
Shell, you've got the right idea about planting - some live, some die - I can relate to that with plants, both indoor and outdoor!

Monday, 10 April, 2006  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Hi Gina,
You have no idea, how much I would love to come and visit. ;-)
HAPPPPPPPPPYYYY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :-) I'll look forward to hearing about trip. Sounds interesting.
Hey, would you send me an email with your snail mail addy?
How's your calligraphy?
Have an awesome week!
Hugs,
Patty

Tuesday, 11 April, 2006  
Blogger Anne S said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Gina, happy birthday to you! Hope you have a wonderful wonderful day today - filled with everything that brings you joy :) {{hugs}} BTW, I have my official and permanent roster all mapped out until approx November, so we can start to plan a catch-up soon :)

Saturday, 15 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!