Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Another week's vacation gone in a flash!

Why is it so? A normal week can drag on without end in sight, but when I take a week off work to relax, it disappears before I realise I'm supposed to be relaxing! On Monday, Ken had to work, and I decided to do ALL my housework so the rest of our week would be free of the usual humdrum. I vaccumed, mopped floors, did all the washing and ironing, and even cooked my Christmas Cake!


On Tuesday we had a nice sleep-in, and then got ready for our trip into the country. We left home around 2 pm and arrived at our destination two hours later. The evening was spent at a very special dinner function with Lee-Ann and Rob, and we didn't get to bed until 2 am! On Wednesday we had breakfast in Kyneton and Lee-Ann took me to the opshop where she works. I found some lovely things - photo will be on here next week when I get the film developed! We left for home around 3 pm, taking the back roads so we could enjoy seeing some of the lovely old country towns. We stopped for a coffee, and Ken spotted something in a shop that he had been wanting for years, so the credit card got another belting >:-(


Thursday was spent doing the weekly shopping, and a few other errands. More washing was done, and I ended up having a snooze on the couch in the afternoon to catch up on some sleep! One day left of my week off, and at 9 am I have to take my car to Autobarn to have something fitted to it. I've got a list of things I want to do, then Ken has to be at his doctor in the afternoon. Ah well, maybe we can relax over the weekend...pigs might fly backwards too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Pigs might fly backwards too..thats a cute saying and does convey a certain message for sure. I'm about to go home now...you can see when I come visiting I stay awhile and enjoy myself =). Take care...come and see me when you can.

Saturday, 04 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!