Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Aches and pains and old(er) age.

Jeanette and Isabelle posted sympathetic comments on yesterday's musings, for which I thank them! Jeanette, I will be staying with the chiro. for the time being, as he is giving us both such good advice on our health, in addition to the adjustments he does on our backs. I do miss my massages though, and if I can ever see my way clear to affording them again, I will do so. Our chiro. has actually told us that he thinks massage is very effective, in addition to chiropractice. Heat packs work well, but if the area is inflamed, ice packs are more effective in relieving pain . You just have to know when to use which method. For instance, ice is no good with arthritis!

Isabelle, it sounds like we have a similar problem. My pain is also worse when I am lying down or standing for any length of time. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about seeing a podiatrist and having new orthotics fitted. I am aware that for a while, new orthotics will cause pain in many parts of the body as well as the feet, depending on what is wrong in the first place. Once the body adjusts to your new (correct) posture, the discomfort subsides. When I wrote yesterday's post, I had forgotten about my new orthotics, which I've been wearing for about 2 weeks, so I am now wondering if that is the cause of my increased discomfort lately. So maybe I should be patient for a few more weeks and see what happens. I'm due back at the podiatrist for a review then. OMG, I can't believe I'm writing this drivel about my ailments....but a few of my old friends are now reading my blog to keep up to date with me, and I know they'll understand. We talk about our health all the time these days...just pass my walking stick please :-[

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina ,I did use a Chiro for many years when i lived in Melbourne but now im in the country have to travel long distance to a good chiro.So Doc. recomended massage
I cant use Ice packs I get cramps if my back or legs gets 2 cold more so since I had my bowel cancer operation, Take good care. (((HUGS)))

Saturday, 24 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!