Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Beautiful little statues and a lily pond.


This young man with hat in hand and bowed head, looks too shy to make eye contact with the lady on the other side of the path.

She looks the other way - is she shy as well?


This plaque on the ground between the statues reads:
The kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of the birds for mirth
You are nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Happy birthday! I love the pictures of Melbourne. Our son is thinking of visiting it, briefly, next spring, and it was very interesting to see it.

Actually, when I say next spring, I suppose I mean next autumn. April, anyway.

Monday, 16 April, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you, Isabelle! April is Autumn here, yes. Melbourne is at it's best then, so it is a great time to visit. How long will your son be here - is he stopping on the way to somewhere else?

Tuesday, 17 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!