Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter has come and gone for another year.


Time flies when you're having fun, so they say. Well, you could say we had fun over Easter, but we are paying for it now! We both wanted to simply veg. out over the four days, but fate had other plans. I have already written about Good Friday and Easter Saturday. On Sunday, Ken collected his Mum and brought her to our place for lunch. After we'd eaten, we decided to go for a drive somewhere, as it was such a perfect day to be out and about. We ended up at the Maroondah Reservoir, about 50 minutes drive from here. MIL thoroughly enjoyed sitting in a shady spot, watching people enjoying themselves while Ken and I went for a short walk. We got back home about 5 pm, and Ken took his Mum home. It was a lot of driving for him, but he didn't mind.

We were looking forward to Monday, our last day off work, and we had made up our minds not to go ANYwhere. Famous last words....Ken phoned a mate, and after talking for a few minutes, he turned to me and said "How about we drop in on F. and C.?" I sighed...not that I didn't want to see our friends, but that was the end of my stitching afternoon. Ah well, didn't matter. We had a very enjoyable afternoon, and I can stitch any time, so....
The picture above is of our Easter Stash. From the left, a half eaten bunny from one of my home care clients, two dark chocolate bunnies from MIL (one for each of us), Ken's Chocolatier egg for me, and a Darrell Lea dark choc. Bilby from me to Ken.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, sounds like you had a lovely easterits been years since ive been to Maroondah dam what i can recall there were some nice walks around there,

Friday, 13 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!