Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

My week.

It's been an interesting week, to say the least. Monday was all good. I collected my Tattslotto winnings, and found a 5c piece on the ground minutes later. Ken is superstitious about finding silver coins, so I'm crossing my fingers for a bigger Lotto win this week! I went to buy some bread at the local hot bread shop and found I was entitled to a free loaf - thank you very much! Checked my mail to find a gorgeous ATC from a stitching pal in Israel, nice surprise. Finally on my way home, I wasn't concentrating on my driving for a second and nearly ran up the backside of the car in front. Thank goodness for good tyres and good brakes; I stopped within inches of his bumper bar!

My luck ran out on Tuesday. My doctor had ordered X-rays of my sore finger as well as a bone density scan. The results showed that I have a condition called Osteopenia, which is a forerunner to Osteoporosis, unless I do something about it now. Doc. printed out six pages of information such as increasing my intake of calcium and Vitamin D, exercises and weights training. It appears my finger was not broken or fractured, nor is there any sign of arthritis, so she is guessing it was a tendon that I injured somehow. A blood test taken last week showed that my cholesterol is a bit too high, so that meant another printout of information about what I should and should not be eating.

Wednesday wasn't much better. I took Topsy to the vet and left her there for the day, for him to conduct various blood and urine tests on her. She has always been a nervous, anxious kind of cat, and has got worse lately due to the cat next door. She had a wound on her tail which was hard to see until he trimmed her black fur, and we found a 2 inch gash. She had some other ailments which had to be sorted out, and when I picked her up that night, the bill for antiobiotics etc. came to nearly $100. Then they suggested she has a month's supply of tablets to calm her down and I said okay until I was told that would be another $70, and she would need another month's supply to wean her off them after the first month. I said "Well, she is going to have to learn to deal with her stress like we humans, because I can't afford $140 for tablets to cure that!"

If there is to be a highlight for the week, it will be if I win a prize for my Indian Chief cross stitch tomorrow at the Whittlesea Show. I was persuaded to enter it in the Show by various friends, so it will interesting to see how I go. I'm not expecting to win anything, as the Chief is just plain cross stitch - not fancy enough to qualify for awards for expertise! I'll just be chuffed to see it hanging on display in public!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

A mixed week certainly. Hope next week is unmixedly good.

Sunday, 02 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!