Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Japanese food, Aussie flowers and Aussie birds.

I have had such an interesting day. I took my Japanese Do Care friend to Suzuran, a Japanese food store in Camberwell. She'd been asking me for ages to take her there, and today was convenient for both of us. Atsuko stocked up on supplies for herself, as well as some Sushi for our lunch (why aren't Australian take-away food containers as pretty as this?)
and I bought a few items that looked interesting:
Japanese beer for Ken (he likes trying different beers) and a cute pink bottle bubbly wine for me,


Two packs of "instant" Miso soup to be sampled with my friends who love Japanese food,

Peanut-toffee biscuit things and interested coffee flavoured lollies, also to share with above friends.



When I got home, I found dozens of pink and grey galahs on our front verandah, fighting over the few seeds that were left, so I put out a heap more seed, and was almost blown off the steps by the breeze from their wings flapping! I've put the photos on my Aussie birds blog here.

It was raining steadily for most of today, but inbetween showers I managed to cut some sprays from our beautiful Golden Wattle (Acacia) tree, which is flowering profusely for the first time in its short life of two years. I'm taking this over to MIL tomorrow, as she loves fresh flowers, especially this variety of Acacia.



No wonder this was chosen to be our National Flower - out of all the native Acacias here, the Golden Wattle has to be the loveliest.

To top all that off, I received another ATC in the mail from England, and got a frame for my Cat Stretching cross stitch. You can find them both here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

G'day Dear Gina ~~ I just love the
golden wattle, and Spring must be on the way -- terrific.
Thanks for your comments and I am sorry about the sheep joke, although quite a few said it was OK and funny.
I was lucky to get a nice carer,and
have never had one I didn't like.
The idea to train ppl how to clean a house properly is a good one. Any
chance for an opening - with council perhaps? Take care, my
friend, Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 11 August, 2009  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Hi Gina,
Hmmm talk about small world. LOL We ate at a Japanese Sushi bar last night. I posted some pictures. Hope you had a fun time.
Now to check out the birds. :)
HUGS,
-Patty

Monday, 17 August, 2009  
Blogger cell said...

there're so many of those golden wattles around but i never thought of cutting some and putting them in a vase! good idea though.

Tuesday, 25 August, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!