Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy anniversary to me!

It is four years to the day, that I created this blog. My original blog Patra's Place, was started a few months before, but I forgot to mention it on there, so I thought I would have my own little party here tonight - ha ha!
I sometimes wonder how many people still read this, that were reading it four years ago. If you were, would you be so kind as to post a comment, just to satisfy my curiosity? Thank you.

As for the rest of you who came along later... well, I wouldn't mind hearing from you too. We all wonder how many people read our blogs, and why they do. The actual purpose of my blog (this one), is to use the posts as drafts for letters I write to long term penpals - people I have been writing to since we were kids, long before computers. It saves me re-writing all my news over and over again. I just copy and paste my posts here to a documents file, and then paste those on to the pages of my letters! This is of course only for those friends who are not on the Internet, so don't have the opportunity to read my gossip online. Cheating? Lazy? Not a bit! I do actually reply to my penpals' letters, but just use the blog stuff to bring them up to date on general stuff. They don't all get the same letter!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gina,

Happy Anniversary....
Elizabeth here from the Gold Coast....I only discovered the world of blogging a couple of months ago....well, I was aware of blogging but never really got into it until a couple of months ago - now I'm hooked!!! I love reading your blog, you have similar interests to me...Maybe one day I will start my own blog but for now I'm too busy reading what everyone else blogs about....
Regards,
Elizabeth.

Thursday, 30 July, 2009  
Blogger FredaB said...

Hi Gina

I don't know how long it has been but I have been reading your blog for a long time. Always enjoyed your ebay buys and news about Ken and your MIL. Happy to see they are both doing well except maybe MIL but she is doing good for her age.

Keep writing and I will keep reading. I started my own blog last November and can't believe how time flies.

Hugs

FredaB

Thursday, 30 July, 2009  
Blogger Brigid said...

Hi Gina,

I think I may have been reading this somewhere in the four time frame or maybe a tad later because I started blogging in June 05.

Anyways, happy birthday blogday and see you later to-day.

Sounds like great success with the puter rejuvenation.

Blessings and bliss
Brigid

Friday, 31 July, 2009  
Blogger Linens and Royals said...

Hi Gina,
So glad your comp. now fixed, I have been watching your blog for some time and love your apron site as I collect aprons too and you have inspired me to start my own blog. I love cats and any old embroidered linens too, now you can post again, any new/old aprons to show?
Best Wishes Sylvia

Friday, 31 July, 2009  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oooh isn't this nice! I have secret cyber-friends! Hi Elizabeth and Sylvia - it's lovely to meet you! Elizabeth, I can't contact you for obvious reasons, but Sylvia - I've had a look at your blog and will be posting comments on there in a minute.
Freda and Brigid are 'old friends' - thank you both for responding here!

Friday, 31 July, 2009  
Blogger Linens and Royals said...

Hi Gina,

Thank you for your kind comment and support but please put those royal items on a post so i can drool too. Big market day for me tomorrow so hoping to find bargain.... well just about anything really or maybe one of those lovely aprons that you have and i haven't. Sylvia

Saturday, 01 August, 2009  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Hi Gina,
Happy Anniversary.
Patty here from IL. I may not always comment but I'm still here reading about the wonderful adventures of my cyber friend from so far away and at the same time so close. :) HUGS -Patty

Saturday, 01 August, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!