Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Op shop fun, and some cute visitors.

I had some good news today from Centrelink. They have decided to pay me a disability pension. I still feel guilty in a way, because I don't consider myself disabled, but I can no longer do the physical work required in my previous jobs, and the arthritis in my feet, back and neck make it almost impossible to do just about anything else where I would be required to sit or stand for any length of time. So in effect, I'm unemployable, so I may as well be disabled. The disability pension is only for 18 months anyway, as once I turn 63 I'll go onto the ordinary pension.

Knowing I had a bit of extra money in the bank, I decided to visit some opshops today, as I haven't been doing that for a while. Go here if you want to know what goodies I brought home!

A couple of nights ago, I opened our front door to empty the teapot on to the garden, and stopped short when I saw Mother Possum and her baby on the feeder waiting for some apple!


3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Thank goodness G at least you have a conclusion with Centre Link... I am so pleased for you... Ahhhh aren't they cute...

Wednesday, 23 September, 2009  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thanks Shaz - you deserve the same treatment from Centrelink. I should take you to see my 'mate' at Heidelberg, who has looked after Ken and I so well!
Yeah, our possums are adorable.

Wednesday, 23 September, 2009  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I am pleased you were able to get a pension, as that will
help a bit. I used to love going to op shops and garage sales, but can't any more. I am glad that Ken is able to work sometimes.

Glad you enjoyed the jokes I post
and got the "alone again naturally."
a good song for Gilbert O'Sullivan.
Take good care my friend Love,Merle.

Wednesday, 23 September, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!