Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good friends, update on Ken, and Topsy's throne.

I know I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again, but I can't fully express my gratitude and appreciation of my blogger friends who keep track of me and post encouraging comments on a regular basis. I love you all! I guess that sounds trite - 'love' is a word that is used too often and too lightly nowadays, but I'm hoping those of you reading this will take it in the spirit I intend it to be.

Ken is making good progress, sometimes set back only by his impatience to get back into his usual routine. Last Sunday he decided to clean the chook house out. I forestalled him by getting in there first, raking up and sweeping, but he still spent some time on his hands and knees, cleaning up what I didn't get to. When we'd finished that, he decided to go for a walk around the block. "They told me at the cardiology ward I should walk every day to get my strength back" he said. Yeah, but not after cleaning up the chook house...When we got home after our walk, he said he was tired, and lay down on the bed to rest. On Monday he was a mess. Sore, tired, and feeling ill, he spent the day in bed, and most of Tuesday as well. By Wednesday he was okay again, and I think it made him realise that he has to take things a bit slower.

Since then he has been feeling a bit better each day, and is looking forward to this week's visit to the hospital and his cardiologist, when they will be able to track the progress of what difference the ICD is making to his heart. He isn't allowed to drive until the cardiologist gives him the okay, and he is hoping it will be this week. He hates being a passenger in my little car!

I think Topsy has been looking over my shoulder at Isabelle's blog. Back in April, she posted a photo of one of her black cats lying on a stack of cushions that had been piled up temporarily while the sofa was being tidied up. I had brought the cushions from our outdoor furniture inside, and left them on a chair in the lounge. Guess who discovered them?

2 Comments:

Blogger cell said...

haha your cat sure looks comfortable! good to know your hubby is getting better.

Monday, 17 May, 2010  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thanks Cell! I visited your blog the other day and left comments, and have finally got around to adding you to my Favorites!!

Thursday, 20 May, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!