Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sixty-two today!

Well, last Thursday actually. I had a super day, made even more special by messages from my Blog friends - thank you all very much! I was taken out to lunch by two friends, to the Yering Station winery restaurant in the Yarra Valley wine region which is not far from where we live. Here are my friends admiring the view from our table:


My main course was Duck something...complicated name, but delicious to eat!
The dessert I chose was Maple and Macadamia Nut-something, and again, simply scrumptious.


Ken bought me a Clover patchwork iron and a bunch of flowers. SIL gave me a pair of black and white cat salt & pepper shakers, some patchwork fabrics, and a tube of handcream. Other gifts were more patchwork fabric and a Dymocks voucher from Sharon; craft paper sheets, a padded coat hanger, and an Elvis 'bobblehead'!!



Ken usually takes me out to dinner for my birthday, but as I'd had a big lunch, I didn't want to go out again, so I cooked a light chicken dish for tea. All in all, another very happy birthday!

2 Comments:

Blogger catsmum said...

love your pussycat S & Ps - just as well I haven't seen them for sale anywhere 'cos I can't justify another set

Saturday, 24 April, 2010  
Blogger cell said...

happy birthday! hope u had a good one and to many more years ahead.God Bless!

Thursday, 29 April, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!