Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Gone walkabout.

Our GP checked Ken over on Wednesday and pronounced him fit and well, but said he probably needs another week off work to build his strength up again, as he's had a virus for the past week, which has left him feeling washed out. It was such a nice day weatherwise, that we decided to drive up to Sugarloaf and go for a walk.


Here I am strolling down one of the walking tracks.


We surprised a small mob of kangaroos (and they surprised us!)



Recent rains have made everything nice and green.


We stayed until it was nearly dusk...

..and found the roos again on our way back.


There was still enough daylight on the way home to stop at the Kangaroo Ground Memorial Tower and check out the newly build viewing platform.


This is one of the best places for views of this side of Melbourne. You can just see the city skyline. If we had been there an hour earlier my photos would have been clearer than this.

1 Comments:

Blogger cell said...

wow it's beautiful! I might go there one of these days. It's not often I see wild kangaroos on walking tracks, certainly not on my side of melbourne. Looks so peaceful and serene. a good place to contemplate life...

Saturday, 05 June, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!