Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Japanese craft fun.

Another hot day loomed ahead, so instead of roaming around opshops, Glenda and I decided to stay inside in airconditioned comfort, and mess around with paper craft. I'd borrowed this book


from our library, and a few of the projects appealed to us, so I took some Washi paper and the book around to Glenda's, and here is what we made. (These are mine - Glenda has the same but with different papers).
This is supposed to be a fridge magnet, but I'd left the magnet strip at home. We thought these little girls would look just as good attached to a card as a gift card.


I have a box of hen's eggshells that I 'blew' clear some years ago with the intention of painting them. One of the Washi paper projects is covering an eggshell with Washi paper, and this is my first effort. I did another one for Glenda which turned out a bit neater, once I'd re-read the instructions and done it properly!

2 Comments:

Blogger cell said...

that's a lovely little Japanese girl you've made there!yes she could be used in a card, or even a bookmark or gift tag or you could frame up several of them in a row wearing different coloured kimonos! it's been raining bucketfuls here in Hobart as well.

Tuesday, 01 February, 2011  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh thank you Cell - you've given me some lovely ideas! Thank goodness for creative friends ;-)

Tuesday, 01 February, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!