Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Wedding anniversary.

Today was our 32nd wedding anniversary. Ken wanted to go to his favourite Chinese restaurant for dinner, but I just couldn't bear the thought of a hot Chinese meal at the end of a hot day, so I suggested that we just have tea at home. When he got home from work, he was absolutely knackered, and I said "Aren't you glad we are not going out tonight?" and he agreed. I prepared a seafood salad, and dressed up the kitchen table a bit more than usual, and that was all we did, which suited us both.

While Ken was at work, I spent most of the day with Sharon and Val at Val's home. We are blogger buddies from way back when, and while Val and I are both retired and see each other regularly, Val hasn't seen Sharon for a while. We had a beaut day. I was going to write a post about it, but Sharon did such a good job with some lovely photos on her blog, I decided it was easier just to point you in her direction! For those readers who know either Val or Sharon (or both), go here to catch up with them.

Tiger continues to wrap us around his little paws, and Topsy has thawed out to the point of playing with him and gently rubbing noses!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Happy belated anniversary and - Tiger is very cute indeed!

Monday, 10 January, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!