Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cats, birds and Ken.

Ken was not amused when I showed him this photo tonight. I just can't help laughing at Tiger when he sees something (usually a bird) outside, and jumps up on the wire door to have a closer look! Ken said "You'll be nagging me to fix the wire when Tiger has ripped it away from the frame". Yep. Sorry.


I have added a post to the blog which is about our aviaries, if you are interested. We have a small flock of Gouldian Finches now, and they are so pretty.

Ken received a huge envelope in the mail from the Austin Hospital today. He has to present himself in there on the 1st and 2nd of March for a series of tests and interviews, leading up to his heart surgery. There were forms to fill out, letters detailing the appointments, and brochures to read about what to expect during and after the operation. I felt quite depressed when I read them; I said to Ken I'm glad it's not me going through this. But he repeated what he has said before, that he won't mind the pain and discomfort of the operation if it results in him feel better than he does now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linens and Royals said...

Tiger you look so good hanging from the door like that, I'm sure your antics will cheer up the household at this worrying time.
Good to see Topsy and Tiger together, a very good looking pair.

Saturday, 12 February, 2011  
Blogger cell said...

I know you must be worried about Ken. just keep showing your care and support and that'll keep his spirits up during this time!the first week after surgery will be unpleasant for sure..but just think of what he'll be able to do after that!

Wednesday, 16 February, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!