Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, October 07, 2011

I've got a new job!

I've mentioned this on two other blogs, but forgot to post something here, so if you haven't read it elsewhere, I'm working in a volunteer capacity at the Brotherhood of St.Lawrence opshop in Eltham. I'm in there a couple of times a week as a customer with my friends, and when they put a sign on their door asking for volunteers, I thought I may as well work there instead of just hanging around! I am there every Friday morning, and alternate Monday afternoons. Ken say it isn't a real job because I don't get paid - isn't that a typically male thing to say!

I am thoroughly enjoying the experience, helping to sort and price all the stuff that is donated, and it is a real eye-opener in the backroom with the other ladies, to see what people bring in. I would never have believed this little opshop (it is only a little shop) could bring in so much. We get bags and boxes every day, of clothes, books and bric-a-brac, mostly good quality, but occasionally it is just rubbish and has to be thrown out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ I do know how lucky I am to have such a great family. glad you enjoyed the jokes and passed one on.
Congrats pn your new job and I hope you enjoy it for many years. And don't buy all the things for sale.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Saturday, 08 October, 2011  
Blogger Sharon said...

isn't that like putting a kid in charge of the lolly shop??? Hope you enjoy it without having to remortgage the house... Speak soon..

Sunday, 09 October, 2011  
Blogger FredaB said...

OH OH - you better leave your money at home on Fridays. I can just see it now. I know I would not be able to stand the temptations.

Have fun and you are doing something for a good cause.

Hugs

FredaB

Tuesday, 11 October, 2011  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sounds like awesome fun ... I reckon I'd enjoy working in an op shop, too !!

I've started writing in my "Varieties of Life" blog again ... done a couple of huuuuge posts about our recent holiday.

Hope all is well, look forward to catching up soon.

Hugs, Connie xx

Friday, 14 October, 2011  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hey There!
Long time no hear. Catching up.
HUGS,
-patty

Sunday, 16 October, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!