Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Congratulations to my Kenny!

It is 10 years today since Ken smoked his last cigarette. I usually give him a card every year to celebrate this anniversary, but today I gave him a little book that I bought some time ago, and kept aside for today.


Some people would think it is a bit tacky I suppose, but we find things like that for each other occasionally, just for fun. I got a cuddle and kiss for this one...

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Well done Ken! What a lovely wife you are. And it's not tacky - it's sweet.

Saturday, 03 September, 2011  
Blogger cell said...

how sweet!!! he must've loved it!! hmm that's such a wonderful idea. I used to make cards and give little gifts to Gav before we got married but i havent done it since...perhaps I should!

Saturday, 03 September, 2011  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you Isabelle..
Cell, you should definitely continue giving Gav little surprise cards and gifts now and then; it helps to keeps the romance alive in a marriage ;-)

Saturday, 03 September, 2011  
Blogger FredaB said...

Hi Gina

Congratulations to Ken on the 10 years. It has certainly helped him in his recent struggles. That was a cute book and a lovely little gift.

Sorry I have been so absent this summer. I am really going to try and get back on track. thank you for being such a loyal friend when I have been absent.

Hugs

FredaB

Tuesday, 06 September, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!