Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Traumatic week.

Well, at least the tank is fixed. It took two days to empty the water into the storm water drain, as nobody wanted to use it for anything. The plumbers came on Monday, moved it across the yard a bit, added more sand and compacted it down, then replaced the tank a bit further away from the fence. The fence seems to have moved back a little, as we can now close the gate. All we need now is some of that rain that has been flooding W.A., N.S.W. and Qld, and we'll have a full tank again. Perhaps I should not be asking for quite that amount of rain; those three states have been through a very bad time in the past week with severe flooding.

The next thing that upset our little applecart was Telstra's techno blunder last weekend where their customers' account details were made available to the general public. As soon as they discovered what had happened, they pulled the plug on Big Pond email until they resolved the issue. I couldn't email in or out for a few hours, then it was okay. But Ken has lost his email account with all the addresses and saved emails, and still hasn't got it back. He is in company with thousands of other people according to Telstra's website. They have to issue new passwords to all their customers who were affected, and it is taking ages. Ken finally got a new password tonight, but they told him he has to do something with the modem before he is back online. I asked the Telstra techie why I hadn't been affected, when we are in the same room on the same cable, and he said it was because the Bigpond account is in Ken's name, and mine is a secondary account, which wasn't affected by the bug last weekend.

Then to top it all off, Ken's I-phone had a hiccup today. He tried to make a call, but it kept on telling him onscreen that the SIM card was disabled. After an hour on the phone to Telstra (again!) we were advised to ring Apple, as they were the only ones who could fix it. Luckily we are quite close to a major Apple Shop in Doncaster, and were able to see them tonight at 9.40 pm (they close at 10 pm). We were highly impressed by their service. They checked Ken's phone and found that the SIM card was faulty, and replaced it immediately, free of charge. They didn't let us go until I had made a call from my mobile to Ken's, to make sure all was working properly, and it was. Praise be! Ken vowed to buy an Apple computer in the near future, he was so happy with their customer service.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Dear me, that all sounds very stressful! I hope it's all sorted out soon.

Sunday, 18 December, 2011  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hope the next week is less stressfull for you, Gina. Sending hugs to you both xxx

Sunday, 18 December, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!