Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

100th Birthday celebration.

Ken's Mum would have turned 100 years old tomorrow if she was still alive.  To tell the truth, I'd already forgotten the significance of the date, but naturally, Ken and his sister hadn't.  They hadn't said anything about planning to acknowledge the day, but I suspect they may have been planning to go out to the crematorium to visit the spot where MIL's ashes are interred.  In the meantime, one of SIL's children (who is actually nearly 40 now) decided to have a barbecue at his home to mark the day, so that's where we will be going tomorrow.  I doubt if C. will be able to have a BBQ though;  the forecast is for another hot day like today (34 degC), and if that is correct, it will be a total fireban day, so no BBQ.  Hopefully C has contingency plans and we can stay indoors and have salads. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Finding My Way said...

Gina; I hope you don't get any fires. Today the sun has finally come out but it's only 14 degrees. I can hardly wait for spring/summer. :) Hope you get to go to your BBQ. Have a great day.

Monday, 18 February, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!