Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

The End Of Daylight Saving at last!

Well, for the next six months anyway.  DST is one of the stupidest things ever invented.  I was reading a forum thread about it last night, and one lady wrote words to the effect that it really annoyed her to have time manipulated by people who were too lazy to set their own alarm clocks to get up an hour earlier, so they have forced everyone else to do it along with them.  I totally agree with her.  Do people really think that changing their clock changes time and daylight itself?   Geez....

Ken gets cranky because we don't eat dinner until about 8  pm most nights.  Well, as far as I'm concerned it is actually only 7 pm, which is a perfectly acceptable time to eat dinner.  He would like me to dish up tea about 6.30.  If we were to eat at 6.30 pm DST, it would actually be 5.30 pm which is way too early for my tummy. 

So we have an extra hour tomorrow?  Rubbish.  It's all in your mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Damaria Senne said...

Thanks for visiting my blogs today. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Sounds like you got very absorbed in my writing one. I'm trying to find a place where I can subscribe to your blog by email, so I can get posts in my inbox when you email but I can't find it. How do I subscribe?

Sunday, 06 April, 2014  
Blogger Liz in Kansas said...

As if Daylight Savings Time isn't enough of a disruption, now we in the US have it for about 8 months. "They" have changed the dates in recent years. I don't know why. I don't even know anyone who thinks it's a good idea any more. When I was a kid I heard it was to help the farmers. Phooey! You should hear my DH rant about it. Talk about cranky! LOL!

Monday, 07 April, 2014  
Blogger Pam said...

Gosh, I would go completely off the idea of cooking or food by that time. I like to get it all over by 6.30 and begin the evening.

Wednesday, 09 April, 2014  
Blogger Sue Walker said...

I felt like I did get an hour back, but I am easily confused....lol. I am super glad it's over but now it is, I'm having cat troubles! Oh well!

Thursday, 10 April, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!