Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Packing up the kitchen.

Today I started packing up the contents of the kitchen cupboards.  My friend Glenda came around and helped me, and I am so grateful, as it would have been so much more difficult on my own.  I was able to stand on the step ladder and hand things down to her, instead of climbing up and down every time I had my hands full.  She packed things into boxes as I handed them to her, so it was so much quicker.  We stopped after about three hours because (a) we were stuffed and (b) I'd run out of boxes!

Here is what we have packed so far, all in the spare room at the other end of the house.  I couldn't bear the thought of all this sitting on the floor in the dining or lounge rooms, even only for a few days, so it is out of the way up here and we won't be tripping over anything if we get up in the middle of the night.

I had a hard time choosing what to keep and what to get rid of.  Glenda was a great help with that - she could see everything from an objective point of view, and was able to suggest that I get rid of certain things that I might otherwise have been tempted to keep, such as four sandwich trays when I already have another six.  And two glass salad bowls when I have another three.  Two teapots when I have another four.  Jelly moulds that I will never use, and countless bowls and plates that have been used and loved for too many years to want to keep them any longer.

Tomorrow I will be going to the opshop to pick up some more boxes, and on Wednesday I'll be packing what is left in the cupboards, except the pantry.  I'll leave that until Friday night because I'll still be cooking meals until then, and will need food from the pantry.  We are going out for dinner with friends on Saturday and Sunday nights, and I hope to persuade Ken to go to Eltham and have breakfast and lunch at some of our lovely cafes on those days!
This load will be going to the opshop:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!