Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Australia Day 2015

We have been hosting Australia Day parties since we moved here 34 years ago. This year Ken and I felt too tired to do it, and one of our friends who has been to all of them, offered to host it. We had a great day - Sandra did a great job of setting up her patio with the flag on display, and Aussie themed fabrics and tablecloths on the tables. Our usual group of friends were all there, as well as another friend of Sandra's, who was willing to join in the fun with us. We sang the national anthem at the top of our voices, and Sandra's neighbour told us later on that he thought it was great to hear it sung so enthusiastically! I only took three photos, but Sandra took some too, so I'm hoping hers are more meaningful than mine - ha ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!