Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Patty, this one is for you.

My blog has suddenly gone quiet...hope my mouse mat didn't really upset anyone? If it has, do tell me and I will remove it. Anyway, this posting is a special one for one of my Blogging friends Patty , who has lost two of her much loved fur babies this year. I have many, many books about cats, including books of cartoons, and one of my favorites is called "The Fanatic's Guide to Cats" by Roland Fiddy. I thought it would be fun to put one or two of his cartoons on here to put a smile on Patty's face - and for all the other cat lovers out there as well! Hope I don't get into trouble doing this; surely the fact that I have acknowledged the author shows that I am not copying his work for my own gain?

And to go with the cartoon, here is a quote by Elbert Hubbard from a little book called "Keep Your Face To The Sunshine":
Always remember to forget the things that made you sad,
But never forget to remember the things that made you glad.
...In memory of Scotty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

I have been reading :)....just very busy right now..off to read some more

Sunday, 25 September, 2005  
Blogger Peggy said...

love the mouse pad... been outta town

Tuesday, 27 September, 2005  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Phew - I haven't been deserted - lol! thanks girls!

Tuesday, 27 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!