Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today's health report...

Ken and I spent most of today driving around between the hospital and the local doctor. We started off at the hospital where Ken had the radium stress test while I looked on. Then he went through the MRI scan machine, and after that he was told to come back in a couple of hours for another scan. So we had a coffee and a bite to eat, did a couple of messages and headed back to the hospital. They ran the second scan, and then gave Ken some instructions on what was to happen next. I must have been looking anxious while all this was going on, because they asked me if I felt okay, and offered to take my blood pressure. It was probably just as well they did; it was through the roof, and they were most concerned. Funny about that, seeing that Ken was the reason we were there in the first place! They told me to go to our own doctor, so we dropped in on the way home. Another B.P. reading showed it was still too high, so the doc. upped my medication and told me no more work this week - stay home and rest. But I have to go back and have a blood test tomorrow as well as get the B.P. read again...

Ken won't know the results of his tests until Friday when he sees our local doctor, as the hospital is faxing them to him. But even then, the doc. may not tell him all, as it is really up to the cardiologist to do that, and we won't be seeing him for another 2 weeks - BLEAH! All this waiting..

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Gina - is there anything we can do??? Don't hestitate to ring me :)

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger Kali said...

the waiting is so horrible. I am sending you both my best wishes :)

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger Peggy said...

sending prayers out for you and hubby.

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger Gina said...

I hope all works out. It's hard not to worrying in situations like this but try. They say calm is great for the immune system and laughter is the best medicine. We will be thinking of you guys

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Hi Gina,
I so wish we didn't live so far apart. I want to give you and Ken a hug in person.
I have thrown myself into a lot of different projects. I've seemed to have gotten caught by the depression monster.
I will post some of the stuff I'm doing a bit later tonight, I think.
Keith just went to the doctor yesterday and I understand the waiting thing. YUCK. We're still trying to get his blood pressure down.
Please try to rest. I know easier said than down. Here's a two cent thought. You and Ken go for a picnic. If the weather is not agreeable have it in the house. Keith and I have done that once and it seemed to make things a little lighter. I'll keep the both of you in my thoughts.
Hugs,
Patty

Friday, 30 September, 2005  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thinking of you Gina ..... and praying that all will turn out well for both you and Ken.

Friday, 30 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!