Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anzac Day - not just another public holiday.

Anzac Day 2006 - Lest we Forget
Ken and I always try to watch most, if not all - the Anzac Day March on TV every year. Today was no exception, and it was good to see Melbourne's Autumn weather at its most beautiful, for the thousands of people who attended the March. We had guests over for lunch; a couple in our age group who we have known for many years. They are both very keen gardeners, and have been looking forward to seeing our renovated back yard. As the weather was so delightful, I decided we would eat 'al fresco' - on our rarely used patio. Sally is an excellent cook and so I had a certain standard to aspire to! We had Spinach & Ham Quiche which I cooked this morning, with tossed salad and Turkish bread (from our local hot bread shop), followed by Apricot & Walnut Loaf which I had cooked last night. All washed down with a bottle of McWilliams Inheritance Fruitwood - a sweet white wine that the four of us enjoy more than the drier varieties. This was followed by several pots of tea accompanied by chocolate biscuits - a most pleasant afternoon with Elsie the dog in constant attendance, and Topsy looking longingly out of the windows!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a delightful way to spend Anzac Day.

I am back from my blogging break and catching up with everybody. A belated Happy Birthday to you!

xx

Wednesday, 26 April, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Flossy, thanks for dropping by! Glad to see you are back online...had a look at your laundry makeover - would you like a little job down south? My laundry is in a permanent state of chaos, mostly due to the fact that it has doubled as the bedroom for all our animals over the last 20 years. I always seem to be tripping over kitty litter tray, dog bed, food bowls, etc. not to mention cleaning out all the above. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Thursday, 27 April, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

what? no Anzac biscuits? sounds like a delightful day.

Friday, 28 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!