Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Poor little bushfire babies...



I have taken the liberty of scanning part of two photos that appeared in our local paper this week. They showed a vet. holding a koala that had been injured in the bushfires, and a row of washing baskets with koalas in them, that a wildlife carer has been looking after since she found them in bushfire ravaged forests. Hope I don't get in strife, but as I have identified them as being in the Diamond Valley Leader, and not claiming them as my own pictures...But I just couldn't resist them. They are sooooooooooooo cute!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina
The bush fires were devastating a lot of wildlife were killed by the fires. I hope all these Koala's survive there burns and can be safely returned to the bush
You must live in Diamond valley, Eltham area theres lovely bush land around there

Sunday, 04 February, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Yup - you're spot on, Jeanette - that's where I am. It is really only outer suburbia, but most of the residents like to make it feel more like a country town, so we plant native trees and shrubs to attract the wildlife.

Monday, 05 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All my motherly juices are gushing at those images... gorgeous koalas being saved from raging bush fires... it makes me cringe to think of all those that didnt get saved. My relatives live in Latrobe valley and some actually survived the fires while their neighbours didnt... horrible horrible horrible.

Tuesday, 06 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!