Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, January 22, 2007

This one is for Isabelle in Scotland.


Some time ago, Isabelle was writing about her agapanthus plants, and I commented that we had just pulled out most of those from our garden, as they are considered a noxious week over here by many gardeners. We had heaps of them around our yard, but they didn't often flower prolifically, until these past few months. Now they are bursting out all over Melbourne, in spite of the lack of rain! Because they are native to Africa, they probably thrive in drought conditions. This photo is of the only ones we hadn't removed from our garden; simply because we haven't had time yet. The picture doesn't show the colour properly for some reason; most of the flowers are purple, with two or three white ones among them. Maybe they know their time is limited and have put on this final show before their demise? It is the only time they have ever flowered so well, and they were even better than this a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't have my camera working, did I...

6 Comments:

Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hi Gina,
I'm glad to seeing you're having such fun with your camera. :)
Glad you guys got your rain. It snowed her about three inches worth. It's cold but supposed to warm up this week to high 30's. I so wish it were spring. :)
Keep posting.
Hugs,
Patty

Tuesday, 23 January, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina
not much rain here! I think a flock of birds flew over Lol. nice photo
ive also go a few Agapanthus growing but when mine were in flower my camera was getting fixedso will wait till next time and get a photo. ((((Hugs))))

Wednesday, 24 January, 2007  
Blogger Debbie Kathy Lela and Marilyn said...

Gina I love the pictures. I know my little blogs have been left unattended but promise to get off my butt and get with it.We have had ice and rain like you can't believe. I'm sending the rain your way until our summer when we need it the worse.

Wednesday, 24 January, 2007  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

we pulled all our aggies out last winter. Home for snakes where I live! yep, a tiger snake was seen slithering into the clump and I deemed that they be removed! but the flowes are gorgeous, I agree

Wednesday, 24 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to see you are so 'into' taking pictures. I am going to love coming to visit you even more.
I have been away the last few days and have'nt been able to message you and let you know that I have already started your swap parcel. I am going to enjoy this swap immensely.
I have just planted aggies in my garden and cannot wait to see what colours they bring me.
Lots of love, Nicole xox.

Thursday, 25 January, 2007  
Blogger Tea said...

Oh, to have some of that green here! Topsy is so cute. I love black cats.

tea
xo

Thursday, 25 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!