Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Australia Day, 26th January 2007

I didn't get time yesterday to post any comments as I was busy all day with our guests, and after they'd gone, we just flaked out! There were only 10 of us to celebrate Australia Day at our house this year, as several couples had gone away for the long weekend, but it didn't matter - we have all known each other for many years and enjoy the times we get together. Everyone contributes to food and drinks, and this is what we had (apart from champagne, wine, beer, soft drink and orange juice)
*Party pies with tomato sauce (Ken's idea - he reckons we couldn't get any more Aussie tucker than that, and they had to be 4'n'20 brand. It's a man thing..)
*Green Salad with Prawns, Mango and Avocado
*Minted Lamb Salad with Haloumi
*Potato Salad
*Cold Chicken and Ham
followed by:
*Green and Gold Pavlova (bananas, kiwifruit and passionfruit)
*Fresh fruit salad with cream
*Lamingons with tea and coffee.
More champagne to toast our great country: every year I insist that everybody stands up and sings "Advance Australia Fair" - LOUDLY! I usually wait until they've had a few drinks and don't worry about the neighbours!
Then after checking everyone's blood alcohol content with a breathalyzer provided by one of the men who has a mini-breathalyser unit, we send 'em all home about 6 pm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! :)

Sunday, 28 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!