Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

One year on in our back yard.


Remember these photos? One year ago, when the landscapers had finished.
Here is that garden bed, one year on. The plants were just seedlings when I planted them, about 3 inches high. Haven't they done well!
and these two saplings - Snow Gum on the left, Golden Wattle on the right - were about 12 inches high when they were planted.
Ken is tough on any foreigners (weeds) that appear in his precious lawn! See how green it is in spite of the drought - and it has not been watered by us since it was laid last year. Sir Walter Buffalo Drought Resistant grass - living up to its name!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Oh Gina,
I so hope mine turns out 1/2 as pretty as yours. :)

Sunday, 06 May, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Give it a year, Patty - I'm sure your garden will be lovely!

Wednesday, 09 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!