Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Aid, and an interview with our paper!

Val is wondering why I said in my previous post that we should not include bandaids and antiseptic in first aid kits. I should have been more specific! Those items are of course necessary in any home medicine cabinet, but for a First Aid Volunteer, we are looking at dealing with incidents outside the home in the wider community. Some of the items I need to stock up on for mine are PVC gloves, face masks (when giving mouth to mouth resuscitation),triangular bandages (to use as a sling), cotton bandage, pressure bandages (for fractures), gauze, adhesive plastic tape, scissors (to cut clothing away from burns etc) and a water container (to cool burns, flush eyes, etc.)

A reporter from our local paper phoned me this morning. He has received a few letters and phone calls from both carers and home care clients, and wanted to know if I would consent to having my photo taken with one of my clients. I knew immediately who to ask, and she was agreeable to be photographed with me, so it is taking place on Tuesday morning, after I've finished my work for her at her home.
On Wednesday, I am going for a job interview with Aust. Home Care Services, who have won the contract from my present employer, so that will be interesting...

2 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

Hey, Gina, you're a star! We expect to see said photo posted in your blog. Is it the Diamond Valley News? They probably have an online version you can link to! I do hope this publicity pays off for you, your colleagues and most of all, your clients.

Tuesday, 11 September, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, Good luck with your job interview,hope all goes well, look forward to seeing photo posted.
BTW You can certainly lift Grandma jokes or any others. Take care

Tuesday, 11 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!